Hello World. Is it just me or do things get crazier the faster festive season approaches?! I guess that means its time to Break out a “How to” self care post .
Having received an email from one of my readers starting an interesting conversation about self care (Hi Emily) this was a blessing in disguise because what is self-care really? It seems I had completely forgotten how to unwind.
And because I have recently been under the weather, this forced me to take some much needed me time. Today I’m sharing my top five things to do when you don’t know how to take care of yourself.
- Light a candle:-The first thing that helped get me into ” chill out” mode was lighting candles, if this doesn’t create a relaxing atmosphere for you nothing will.
- Pamper party for one: Now that the mood is set, I knew my skin was screaming for some attention. Using my favorites: ie charcoal mask & She’zen body re-hydrate my skin was feeling the love in no time. Now on to my hair, eyebrows, & nails. Nothing beats clean hair, fresh nails, soft skin & perfectly shaped brows.
- Right or Write: If there is one thing that calms me its writing. Whether it be a blog post, priority list, bucket list or journal-ling. Whatever makes you completely forget about life’s day to day worries do that.
- Blending is my cardio: Whatever your bliss is, find it & never let it go. For me it is playing with my makeup. Creating new looks, trying to perfect my cut crease and experimenting with a new make- up technique.
- Back to the basics: And if you’ve done all of this and you still feel ‘meh’, lets go back to the basics . Drink some water, have a snack, grab some sunscreen & get some sunshine.
In a world where we often feel guilty when we are not busy & only validated when our priority lists are a mile long, its time to cut the b.s. This past week has reminded me why its important to put myself first. My mental health is more important to me than the fear of saying “no”. Thank you for reading lovelies. What is your number 1 self care tip? Please share in the comment section below. With all my love xx